If you’re outside for any significant amount this summer, you need to be sure to take precautions to prevent overheating, so be sure to listen to this episode of Carson Natural Radio to learn more about:
- Tip #1: Hydrate
- It’s normally recommended to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water … when outside in the heat, increase that ratio.
- Do NOT drink sodas, they can hurt your hydration.
- Beware the sports waters for sugars, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, corn syrup, etc.
- Tip #2: Take Frequent Breaks
- Inside in air-conditioning or shade.
- Cooler of ice water to cool yourself.
- Tip #3: Spirits Of Ammonia Water Towels
- Cooling Towels: Mix Spirits of Ammonia, into 1-1.5 gallons of water, with ice, then soak the towels.
“Fact Or Fiction” Segment [7:32]: Do the Spirits Of Ammonia Towels help reduce core body temperature?
“You Don’t Need Another Drug” Segment [10:12]: Should I take Muscle Relaxers to help with my lower back & muscle cramps?
Fruits to help with potassium & magnesium: cantaloupe, bananas, & oranges.
Carson Natural Blog Post: “Beat the Heat Wave This Summer!”
Dr. Phil’s Water Recipe:
Use 16-20 ounces of pure spring water, then add ⅛ tsp of Himalayan salt, which is rich in minerals. You can then add fresh cut up fruits, and sweeten with Stevia or raw honey. Shake it up really well and you have a healthy sports drink. You can also make with SweetLeaf Water Drops instead of fresh fruit and stevia/honey.
Resources mentioned in this episode of Carson Natural Radio:
Email your questions: [email protected]